This picture is a perfect example of a working lifestyle which leads to bad posture. Bad posture leads to neck pain, back pain, stiff joints, achy joints, loss of confidence, and the feelings of getting older. Work, home, recreation, and even sleep lifestyles will add to bad posture. By engaging in habits to create good posture is a start to feeling pain free, younger, and more confident.
Staying younger is a desire a lot of us have. It's nice to hold on to the feeling of youthfulness for as long as you can. Whats really amazing is there are some simple things you can do to make you feel younger. Here are 10 tips I have learned which really works.
1. Drink more water. Your body is 70% water and if you do not drink sufficient amounts of water your skin will look weathered and dry. The plus bonus to having adequate water is more energy. Yes that is correct. The more water you consume the more energy you have.
2. Don't sit with rounded shoulders.(Improve posture tip)
3. Stretch your chest.(Improve posture tip)
4. Strengthen your spine by doing the cobra daily.(Improve posture tip)
5. Strengthen core.(Improve strength tip)
6. Improve mobility of the hips.(Improve mobility tip)
7. Improve mobility of ankles.(Improve mobility tip)
8. Strengthen the glutes.(Improve strength tip)
9. Specifically improve the strength of the legs with weight training.(Improve strength tip)
10. Eat more vegetables and less process foods.(Eat better tip)
The base of our training programs is rooted in having good posture. Your daily routine can destroy your posture, working out can have a negative effect on your posture also. Bad posture is the very beginning of pain issues in your neck, shoulder, back, hip , knee, and ankle. When clients first come to us we look at their posture. We are looking for the basic posture distortions.
1. First lesson we learn was to correct these posture issues first. (Do not build strength upon bad posture)
2. Mobility must be regain and all basic movement patterns must be clean and without restrictions.
3.Use functional movements to improve mobility as a warm-up instead of cardio,( walking on treadmill)
4. Bad form creates bad posture.
5. Good form supports good posture.
AFC blog is about supporting you so you can live your best life. We strive to inspire everyone to live each day better than the last. Our blog is dedicated to teaching ideas that motivate you to live a fit life.